Debit & Credit Card Fraud Protection
Debit Card Fraud Protection (Falcon Fraud Manager)
At First Imperial Credit Union, safeguarding your account is an important part of our business. With Falcon Fraud Manager we provide unparalleled debit card security as part of your Credit Union membership.
No matter how careful you are with your financial records, criminals still find ways to access your debit card information to make unauthorized purchases. To combat this threat, we use the leading fraud protection service to monitor your accounts and detect suspicious activity.
How it works
• The service has information about fraud that has occurred for other cardholders
• The service learns your normal spending pattern
• Based on a combination of this information, the service evaluates your transaction. If the transaction is
considered risky,a fraud specialist will contact you within 1 to 2 hours to verify if you authorized the transaction
• If the fraud specialist cannot reach you, a message will be left and your card will be temporarily blocked until
you return the call
• If the number you provided to our credit union is out of service your card will be blocked
• If you confirm the transaction is legitimate, there is no impact
• If you confirm that you did not authorize the transaction, that card is immediately blocked to stop more fraud
How you can help
- Notify us if you will be traveling outside the state and plan to use your debit card.
- Make certain that the phone number you have on file with us is current so you can be easily contacted if any questionable activity is detected on your account.
- Protect your card and card information
- Regularly monitor your statements for any activity that is not yours
- If you are contacted by a fraud specialist, please return the call as soon as possible.
- If the fraud specialist calls you, you will not be asked for any personal information
- If you call the fraud call center back, you will be asked to verify your identity
- If you need to contact the fraud center within the U.S. please call: 888-241-2440 or call: 909-941-1034 outside the U.S., Monday thru Friday from 8:00am - 9:00pm.
If your debit card is lost or stolen, or you notice suspicious activity, please call: 888-241-2510 within the U.S. or call: 909-941-1398 outside the U.S.
- Leading fraud protection service
- Monitor your accounts
- Detect suspicious activity
To learn more about how we safeguard your account call us at (760) 352-1540 Option 1, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by one of our branches to see one of our Representatives who will be glad to assist.