Experience the FICU Difference
When you become a member, you become part of our FICU family. Plus, joining us is easy!
Credit Union Membership Requirements
Membership is open to anyone who meets one of the following:
- Live, work, or worship in the Imperial County
- Live, work, or worship in the following cities of Riverside County: Banning, Beaumont, Blythe, Cathedral City, Coachella, Desert Hot Springs, Indian Wells, Indio, La Quinta, Palm Desert, Palm Springs, Rancho Mirage, Thermal, or Thousand Palms
- Relative of an existing First Imperial Credit Union Member (immediate family member)
Once your membership eligibility has been verified, you will need the following to open your account:
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number
- Government issued photo ID with current mailing address*
- A $5 deposit into a savings account
Why join First Imperial Credit Union?
Imagine a credit union whose focus was to help the community. At FICU we are just that! A community oriented, local, not-for-profit organization owned by our members. We are not a big bank yet we offer many if not all of the great products and services you would find in one. Our profits are used to provide better banking services, lower interests on loans, higher dividend rates and giving back to the community because 'We're more than a bank, we're your credit union."
The Benefits of Ownership
Our members instantly become part owners of FICU and that’s because our members own FICU, not shareholders. The only people who profit from our membership are our members because at FICU members come first. Any income that is generated is returned to members through products and services.
The Benefits of Membership
- Low or no fees for accounts and services
- Lower loan rates and higher savings yields
- A team dedicated to providing exceptional member service
- Vote to elect fellow members to the Board of Directors
- Each member is an equal owner of the credit union
- Online and Mobile banking with eServices including: Bill Pay, Mobile Check Deposit and eStatements
- Dedicated Mobile App for iOS and Android devices
- Deposits insured up to $250,000 by NCUA
- CO-OP ATM Network with over 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs
*If your photo ID does not have your current mailing address or no address at all, bring in your most recent utility bill. No utility bill? Let’s talk about it, give us a call at 760-352-1540 Option 0, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by our one of our branches for a list of other acceptable documents.