Experience the FICU Difference
When you become a member, you become part of our FICU family. Plus, joining us is easy!
Why join First Imperial Credit Union?
Imagine a credit union whose focus was to help the community. At FICU we are just that! A community oriented, local, not-for-profit organization owned by our members. We are not a big bank yet we offer many if not all of the great products and services you would find in one. Our profits are used to provide better banking services, lower interests on loans, higher dividend rates and giving back to the community because 'We're more than a bank, we're your credit union."
The Benefits of Ownership
Our members instantly become part owners of FICU and that’s because our members own FICU, not shareholders. The only people who profit from our membership are our members because at FICU members come first. Any income that is generated is returned to members through products and services.
The Benefits of Membership
- Low or no fees for accounts and services
- Lower loan rates and higher savings yields
- A team dedicated to providing exceptional member service
- Vote to elect fellow members to the Board of Directors
- Each member is an equal owner of the credit union
- Online and Mobile banking with eServices including: Bill Pay, Mobile Check Deposit and eStatements
- Dedicated Mobile App for iOS and Android devices
- Deposits insured up to $250,000 by NCUA
- CO-OP ATM Network with over 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs
Credit Union Membership Requirements
Ready to open your account? Great! This is what we’ll ask of you:
- Your name, address, date of birth and possibly other information that will help us identify you.
Do these apply to you? :
• Live, work or worship in the Imperial County
• Relative of an existing First Imperial Credit Union Member (immediate family member)
If your answer is ‘Yes’ to either of these questions, then here’s all you’ll need to join FICU:
• A social security number
• A valid form of photo identification with current mailing address*
* Not the current mailing address on your ID or no address at all. No problem! Bring in your most recent utility bill. No utility bill? Let’s talk about it, Give us a call at 760-352-1540 Option 0, send us an email to email@example.com or stop by our one of our branches for a list of other acceptable documents.
• A $5 deposit into a Share Savings account
You’re almost there! Stop by any of our branches today with one of our Member Services Officers to open your account. Experience our great member service first hand.