COVID-19 Member Updates
UPDATED: APRIL 1, 2020 at 6:07 p.m.
FICU current branch hours are Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., Wednesday from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., and Friday from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
We have made adjustments to our branch hours and locations in an effort to further protect the health and safety of our members, employee and community:
- Effective April 6:
- Imperial Branch will be temporarily closed.
- Lobby hours in all branches will be Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Drive-Up Teller and Contact Center hours will be Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- El Centro Branch will allow a maximum of five (5) members in the lobby at a time.
- Effective March 23, the El Centro Branch will no longer be open on Saturdays.
All ATMs at our FICU locations will continue to be operational and fully functional for cash and deposit services. In addition, you may visit any of the 30,000+ ATMs through the CO-OP Network for surcharge-free withdrawals.
We continue to encourage members to use Online Banking, FICU Mobile, and eServices and/or reaching out to our Contact Center at 760-352-1540, option 0. For additional information on 24/7 account access please read the "Account Access" section below.
Employee Precautionary Measures
As cases of COVID-19 continue to increase, we want to assure you that First Imperial Credit Union is fully committed to the health and safety of our members and employees. The credit union has implemented enhanced cleaning, such as sanitizing counters, entryways and seating areas at our branches to minimize the risk of person-to-person transmission of the virus and related illnesses. In addition, we are disinfecting our ATMs and Drive-Up cannisters throughout the day.
Please note that out of an abundance of caution, FICU is practicing social distancing which includes:
- Asking members in our lobbies to stand six feet apart while making line to be assisted
- All FICU employees have been advised to not shake hands with members, and to instead respectfully give a fist bump, elbow bump, or wave and give a friendly smile to anyone who extends their hand. Signs will be placed at the entrance of all branch locations detailing this activity.
Employees have been instructed on the proper protocols for hand washing and other illness spreading prevention measures. We are also encouraging employees not to travel unless it is an emergency. At this time, no FICU employees have contracted the virus..
Member Social Responsibility
We are encouraging those who are sick and/or have potentially sick family members at home to stay home. To help avoid the spread of illnesses, we highly recommend using Drive-Up Teller, Online Banking, Mobile App, and Quick Teller to conduct your transactions if you are exhibiting flu-like symptoms. You have our commitment that if circumstances shift and we feel it unsafe to operate under normal operating procedures, we will inform you as soon as possible to the best of our ability. Hopefully, these efforts bring you peace of mind when visiting FICU.
How We Can Help
We understand that in situations like a pandemic, finances can be challenging. FICU is ready to help you with your account needs. We have experienced employees to help you navigate through our eServices or finding the best loan to fit your situation.
The following resources are available through our Member Assistance Program if you have been financially impacted by COVID-19:
- Loan Deferments: Applies to closed-end consumer loans (i.e. Signature Loans and Auto Loans) with documentation provided from employer that verifies reduction of wages or termination of employment. You may fill out the request form and submit via email to email@example.com.
- No early withdrawal penalty: Applies to Certificate or Saver accounts.
- Credit Card Limit Increase: Increase the limit of your credit card to give you more access to funds by applying online.
- Consolidate Debt: Minimize your monthly obligations which allow you to save more for your "rainy day fund." For loan rates click here.
- Refinance to Cash Out: Refinance your existing auto loan (up to 75% max loan-to-value) to have cash on-hand.
If you have been affected by COVID-19 and need additional financial assistance, please let us know. You may contact us by phone at 760-352-1540, option 0 or send us a secure message through Online Banking or the FICU Mobile App.
In an increased effort to keep you and our team safe, we have convenient and 24/7 access for you to use. Our goal is to provide you with exceptional, uninterrupted service.
- Online Banking: Maintain 24/7 access to your account(s) where you have free eService features such as Bill Pay and account navigation through funds transfers, account balances, and loan payments.
- FICU Mobile App: All the features of online banking available on your phone or tablet. Plus, you can deposit checks by using the Mobile Deposit feature. Download via Apple Store or Google Play.
- ATMs: ATMs at all of our branches are operational. To view your ATM withdrawal limits, click here. FICU is also part of the Co-Op ATM Network which gives you access to 30,000+ surcharge-free ATMs including 7-Elevens and Costco.
- 24/7 Quick Teller: Access your accounts via our automated system by dialing 760-352-1540, option 6. Through this service you can check account balances, make a transfer, and request a check withdrawal.
- Online Loan Application: Submit your loan application securely by clicking the "Apply Now" link on our homepage or by clicking here.
- Online Forms: Direct Deposit and Loan Payment Deferment request are available online in the "Resources" tab at ficu.com
Key Staff are prepared for the implementation of working remotely. This will allow crucial operations to continue for our members should the need arise. These operations include the posting of daily transactions, payroll deposits, payroll transfers, checks, electronic transactions, debit card and credit card transactions, loan transfers, electronic bill payments, and online banking services.
Your Funds are Insured
FICU is regulated and insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), which means your deposits are safe, secure and 100% insured up to $250,000 per member regardless of what is going on in the market. FICU has been in business for nearly 78 years and we have weathered financial crisis, government shutdowns, and natural disasters and will continue to be your trusted credit union through this pandemic.
Beware of Fraud
Beware of suspicious email, text messages, phone calls, and websites that may impersonate a company, charity, or government agency. If you receive a suspicious outreach, don't respond, click any links or open attachments. The intent is to convince you to share sensitive information such as usernames and passwords, make purchases or donations, or download malware onto your device. Hackers and phone scammers take advantage of opportunities in times of uncertainty. FICU will never call, email or send mail correspondance to gather your information regarding account numbers, usernames or passwords. Additionally, FICU's only phone number is 760-352-1540.
Our website is the best place to find the most current information regarding COVID-19 as it relates to First Imperial Credit Union member services. Our social media pages, which are linked below, will also be updated to provide the most current information. We will continue to closely monitor the situation and evaluate additional measures to support our members and communities as needs arise.
Thank you for your patience as we navigate through this situation and FICU will continue with our core values to keep members, employees and our community at the forefront of every decision because "we're more than a bank, we're your credit union."