COVID-19 Member Updates
UPDATED: January 14, 2021 at 8:00 a.m.
Member Assistance Program is currently available. Click here to learn how FICU can help.
Jump to FAQs
FICU current lobby hours in El Centro are Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 9 a.m. to 5p.m., Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. with a max of 10 people in the lobby. Appointment hours for El Centro, Brawley and Calexico are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Contact Center and Drive-Up Teller are available during normal business hours. See chart above.
We have made adjustments to our branch hours and locations in an effort to further protect the health and safety of our members, employees and community:
- Effective January 19, 2021:
- All branch lobbies will be closed to members with Drive-Up Teller Lines available for teller transactions during normal business hours in El Centro, Brawley and Calexico. The Imperial Branch will be fully closed to members, while its outside ATM will remain operation.
- Effective January 8, 2021:
- All members and employees must submit to a temperature check prior to entering building.
- Effective April 13, 2020:
- Per Imperial County Health Officer Order, members visiting our lobbies must use a face covering.
- Effective April 6, 2020:
- Non-teller transactions that need to be conducted in branches such as account services and lending will be by appointment only.
- Effective March 23, 2020:
- The El Centro Branch and Contact Center will no longer be open on Saturdays.
All ATMs at our FICU locations will continue to be operational and fully functional for cash and deposit services. In addition, you may visit any of the 30,000+ ATMs through the CO-OP Network for surcharge-free withdrawals.
We continue to encourage members to use Online Banking, FICU Mobile, and eServices and/or reaching out to our Contact Center at 760-352-1540, option 0. For additional information on 24/7 account access please read the "Account Access" section below.
How We Can Help
We understand that in situations like a pandemic, finances can be challenging. FICU is ready to help you with your account needs. We have experienced employees to help you navigate through our eServices or finding the best loan to fit your situation.
The following resources are available through our Member Assistance Program if you have been financially impacted by COVID-19:
- Member Assistance Loan: Click here for loan terms
- Loan Deferments: Applies to closed-end consumer loans (i.e. Signature Loans and Auto Loans) with documentation provided from employer that verifies reduction of wages or termination of employment. You may fill out the request form and submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- No early withdrawal penalty: Applies to Certificate or Saver accounts.
- Credit Card Limit Increase: Increase the limit of your credit card to give you more access to funds by applying online.
- Consolidate Debt: Minimize your monthly obligations which allow you to save more for your "rainy day fund." For loan rates click here.
- Refinance to Cash Out: Refinance your existing auto loan (up to 75% max loan-to-value) to have cash on-hand.
If you have been affected by COVID-19 and need additional financial assistance, please let us know. You may contact us by phone at 760-352-1540, option 0 or send us a secure message through Online Banking or the FICU Mobile App.
Beware of Fraud
Beware of suspicious email, text messages, phone calls, and websites that may impersonate a company, charity, or government agency. If you receive a suspicious outreach, don't respond, click any links or open attachments. The intent is to convince you to share sensitive information such as usernames and passwords, make purchases or donations, or download malware onto your device. Hackers and phone scammers take advantage of opportunities in times of uncertainty. FICU will never call, email or send mail correspondance to gather your information regarding account numbers, usernames or passwords. Additionally, FICU's only phone number is 760-352-1540.
Our website is the best place to find the most current information regarding COVID-19 as it relates to First Imperial Credit Union member services. Our social media pages, which are linked below, will also be updated to provide the most current information. We will continue to closely monitor the situation and evaluate additional measures to support our members and communities as needs arise.
Thank you for your patience as we navigate through this situation and FICU will continue with our core values to keep members, employees and our community at the forefront of every decision because "we're more than a bank, we're your credit union."
Yes, during this challenging and unprecedented time, we are offering a Member Assistance Program for members who have been directly impacted by COVID-19.
Our Contact Center is available Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 760-352-1540, option 0.
Click here to schedule a lobby appointment.
There are several ways to quickly and easily make your payment without needing to leave home.
- Use Online Banking or the FICU Mobile App to make a transfer to your loan
- Call 760-352-1540, option 0 to use another method of payment like a debit or credit card.
As cases of COVID-19 continue to increase, we want to assure you that First Imperial Credit Union is fully committed to the health and safety of our members and employees. The credit union has implemented enhanced cleaning, such as sanitizing counters, entryways and seating areas at our branches to minimize the risk of person-to-person transmission of the virus and related illnesses. As of January 8, all members and employees are required to take a temperature check prior to entering building. In addition, we are disinfecting our ATMs and Drive-Up cannisters throughout the day.
Please note that out of an abundance of caution, FICU is practicing social distancing which includes:
- Asking members in our lobbies to stand six feet apart while making line to be assisted
- All FICU employees have been advised to not shake hands with members, and to instead respectfully give a fist bump, elbow bump, or wave and give a friendly smile to anyone who extends their hand. Signs will be placed at the entrance of all branch locations detailing this activity.
Employees have been instructed on the proper protocols for hand washing and other illness spreading prevention measures. We are also encouraging employees not to travel unless it is an emergency.
After you have submitted your appointment request, you will receive a confirmation from the branch you selected within 24 hours.
To deposit a check, take advantage of the “Mobile Check Deposit" feature on our mobile app.
To deposit cash, you may use one of our branch ATMs, CO-OP ATM that accepts cash deposit, or our Drive-Up locations.
For your safety when withdrawing money, we recommend that you only withdraw enough funds for the next few days and that you do not keep large amounts of cash in your home.
FICU is insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), which means your deposits are safe, secure and 100% insured up to $250,000 per member regardless of what is going on in the market. FICU has been in business for nearly 78 years and we have weathered financial crisis, government shutdowns, and natural disasters and will continue to be your trusted credit union through this pandemic.